Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Laundry day!

My oh my! Because I've been trying to cut costs due to my husband's job re-location, I've been making & using homemade cleaning ideas that I find here in blogland...My wonderful friend, Carrie has an AWESOME recipe for fabric softener that works like a charm! Here it is:
Fabric Softener Recipe
1 cup vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner ( I used Suave's new Wild Cherry Blossom this time)
6 cups of water

Mix all this together. You may use this like any other Fabric Softener. ***I forgot to add that you must shake your bottle or container each time you use and I use 1/2 cup per load...

If you prefer dryer sheets you can try this~I diluted this down with water~ 3 parts water, 1 part softener. I then poured it into this glass container. Next I added sponges. For each load~ wring out the sponge and add to the dryer as you would fabric sheets. I added a few drops of Downy scent! Smells wonderful! I have used other hair conditioner scents, but have found the Wild Cherry Blossom best. One recipe lasts me about a week to 10 days, because I wash alot! And the best part of it is it only costs me $1.50 to make if I can get the conditioner on sale, at which time I buy oodles! Hurry! Go try it out!

No comments: