Friday, January 23, 2009

Words of wisdom~


Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.
Ecclesiastes 9:10

Been pretty busy this past week trying to finish up another stichery I'd started awhile ago! AND tending to my chickens, now that the rains & winds have passed! They are such characters! I will try to remember to take new pictures of them to post~And then...I'm left to "puppy sit" this weekend! OH NO! LOL! DD & GDs are off to a softball tournament on the other side of the island & won't be back til Sunday evening, so I'm left to hold down the fort! Puppies are 8 weeks old now & into everything! LOL! Hootie (the blue merle boy) has been very sick for almost 2 weeks now with what his vet calls "puppy strangles"~~likened to the human lupus..so he's on steroids & antibiotics~every 12 hrs..I can see how my weekend will be! Hah! stressing over "when did I give him his meds last?" hehehe! Nah, I'm sure it'll be just fine!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Canarella said...

I will tell you one more time I will take the chickens and throw in a puppy they will love the weather....Have a good weekend ...lani

Janice said...

Sounds like you will be busy this weekend.
Enjoy yourself and take good care. I liked the scripture that you used.

simple country living! said...

Well, it's 9:30 Saturday night & I AM POOPED! And all along I really thought I'd sneak in some sewing time today! HA! Fat chance! LOL! But...it was, all in all, a hilarious, hectic day! I DID REMEMBER HOOTIE'S MEDS! AND I even laid down the straw in the hen houses! That's because by my calculations, they should be laying eggs A-N-Y-D-A-Y N-O-W! Yay! I also got to pick some squash & eggplants from my much neglected (lately!) garden! Double yay! LOL
Hey, Lani...anytime you're in the neighborhood~c'mon over & get some chickens! BTW: How old are your Aussies? I gotta tell you..these pups sure are smart! * weeks old & housebroken already! I am so amazed! AND boy, are they active little buggers! Never a dull moment~which helps keep me from missing my grandaughters, who are gone for the weekend to Kona!
Blessings to you all & thanks Lani & Janice for stopping by!
Leona

Small House said...

Sure hope you'll show pictures of your stitching!! Have a good day.